Worldview Centre for Intercultural Studies is a residential mission training centre, partnering with the Melbourne School of Theology. We are looking for lecturers in the areas of theology/exegesis and intercultural studies (world religions, church planting, cultural anthropology). Worldview is in an exciting phase of redevelopment and is looking for trainers who have discipleship at their heart, and can engage students in a variety of learning experiences. Duties include:
- Planning units and, in consultation with other staff, arrange unit timetables and coordinate and supervise guest / visiting lecturers to conduct classes.
- Prepare and deliver a range of learning experiences as outlined in course documentation (lectures, tutorials, supervision, workshops, seminars, multimedia presentations, field trips and excursions etc) in specified subject areas.
- Initiate and continue the updating of subject area bibliography and resources.
- Prepare, assess and grade student performance using appropriate assignments, presentations, reflective journals, examinations and other tools of evaluation. Monitor and discuss with students their progress and/or aspirations.
- Be involved in guidance and pastoral care of students.
- Attend all faculty committee meetings.
- Research in specialised field of study with a view to publication.
- Undertake professional development as appropriate.
It is expected that the intercultural studies lecturer will have cross-cultural mission experience. This experience is highly desirable for the theology lecturer. As is the case for all Worldview staff, this position is unsalaried but accommodation is available on campus. Please contact Denise for more information firstname.lastname@example.org